Walker, Mary Jane, née Deck, daughter of Mr. John Deck, and sister of J. G. Deck, was married in 1848 to Dr. Walker, for sometime Rector of Cheltenham, and editor of Psalms & Hymns for Public and Social Worship, 1855. Several of her hymns appeared as leaflets; others in her husband's Psalms & Hymns, 1855. In that Collection bear her signature "M. J. W." These are:—
1. He came, Whose embassy was peace. Passiontide.
2. I journey through a desert drear and wild. The Journey of Life .
3. Jesus, I will trust Thee, trust Thee with my soul. Trust in Jesus.
4. Lord, Thou didst love Jerusalem. Mission to the Jews.
5. 0 God, our Saviour, from Thy birth. Passiontide.
6. 0 joyful tidings let us sing. Sunday School Anniversar… Go to person page >
Display Title: I journey through a desert drear and wildFirst Line: I journey through a desert drear and wildAuthor: Mary Jane D. WalkerDate: 1892Subject: Christian Experience | Privileges of Believers