1. In mute astonishment and awe,
The angels learn God’s plan
To send His Uncreated Son
Down to the Earth—as Man!
2. From Light Eternal shines the Light,
And Satan’s night is ended;
Its brilliance breaks upon the world
In day uncomprehended.
3. The Word, enfleshed, invades His world,
And speaks the words of life:
Lay down your arms, my rebel sons;
Be reconciled from strife.
4. Immortal God, yet mortal man,
With men He makes His dwelling,
And we behold His glory here,
In grace beyond all telling.
5. His grace and truth, His abundant love,
His grand, gigantic meekness
Appear to us in human form,
In omnipotent weakness.
6. Incarnate God, embrace me now,
And by your Spirit’s art,
Enflesh the Word of God anew
Within my yielded heart.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #2960
|First Line:||In mute astonishment and awe|
|Author:||Neil Barham (2005)|
|Copyright:||© 2005 Neil Barham. These lyrics may be freely reproduced or published for Christian worship, provided they are not altered, & this notice is on each copy. All other rights reserved.|