1. Jehovah his foundations laid,
On the renowned sacred hills;
2. To Sion's gates, his love's displayed
More than the tents were Jacob dwells.
3. Most glorious things are spoke abroad,
Of thee, O city of our God.
4. I'll Rahab name, and Babylon,
(Which know me,) with Philistia,
And Tyre, and Cush; perhaps there's one,
Sprang from them, famous in their day.
5. But Sion's famed for bringing forth
Many renowned men of worth:
The highest shall establish her,
With future worthies her adorn.
6. When God shall the grand roll prefer,
He'll note, there such an one was born.
7. Singers, and harpers, there abound;
And all my springs in thee are found.
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #157a||Jehovah his Foundations laid||Jehovah his Foundations laid||Psalm 87||1752|