O'Connor, John, was b. Dec. 5, 1870, at Clonmel, Ireland. After completing his theological studies in the English College at Rome, he was ordained priest 1895, in St. John Lateran, Rome; and is now (1906) priest in charge at Heckmondwike, Yorks. He contributed to the Arundel Hymns, 1902, a number of translations (see Index of Authors, &c), and the following original hymns:—
1. Ah, Lady of high heaven! B. V. M.
2. All the skies to-night sing o'er us. Christmas.
3. Father of all those far-scattered sheep of Christ. St. Patrick.
4. Hail! O new Jerusalem. Heaven.
5. Jesu! none is like to Thee. The Love of Jesus.
6. Jesu! the dying day hath left us lonely. Evening.
7. Joseph gentle, husband mine. Christmas.
8. Let… Go to person page >