1. Jesu, the world’s redeeming Lord,
The Father’s co-eternal Word,
Of light invisible true light,
Thine Israel’s keeper day and night.
2. Our great creator and our guide,
Who times and seasons dost divide,
Refresh at night with quiet rest,
Our limbs by daily toil oppressed.
3. That while in this frail house of clay
A little longer here we stay,
Our flesh in Thee may sweetly sleep,
Our souls with Thee their vigils keep.
4. We pray Thee, while we dwell below,
Preserve us from our ghostly foe;
Nor let his wiles victorious be
O’er them that are redeemed by Thee.
5. O Lord of all, with us abide
In this our joyful Eastertide;
From every weapon death can wield
Thine own redeemed forever shield.
6. All praise be Thine, O risen Lord,
From death to endless life restored;
All praise to God the Father be,
And Holy Ghost eternally.Source: The Cyber Hymnal #3498