Ludwig Heinrich Schlosser, b. 1663, Darmstadt; d. 1723 Frankfort-on-the-Main. Pastor at Frankfort.
Evangelical Lutheran Hymnal, 1908 Go to person page >
Translator: E. Cronenwett
Cronenwett, Emmanuel, a Lutheran Pastor at Butler, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., contributed to the Evangelical Lutheran Hymnal, Published by Order of the Evangelical Lutheran Joint Synod of Ohio and other States, 1880, in addition to 20 translations from the German, the following original hymns, some of which rank with the best in the collection:—
1. A holy state is wedded life. Domestic Worship.
2. Faith is wisdom from on high. Faith.
3. Heavenly Father, Jesus taught us. Prayer.
4. Lord, Thine omniscience I adore. Omniscience.
5. O Triune God, Thy blessing great. Domestic Worship.
6. Of omniscient grace I sing. Omniscience.
7. Of Zion's honour angels sing. Ordination.
8. The precepts of the word are pure.… Go to person page >
First published in Johann Crüger's Praxis Pietatis Melica (1653) without attribution, JESUS, MEINE ZUVERSICHT was credited to Crüger (PHH 42) in the 1668 edition of that hymnal. (The later isorhythmic RATISBON is related to this tune; see 34.) JESUS, MEINE ZUVERSICHT is named for its association w…
Display Title: Jesus sinners will receiveFirst Line: Jesus sinners will receiveTune Title: BRANDENBURG (Jesus meine Zuversicht)Author: Ludwig Heinrich Schlasser; Rev. Emanuel Cronenwett, D. D.Meter: No. 22Date: 1908Subject: Second Sunday in Lent | ; The Catechism | Repentance; Third Sunday after Trinity |