1. Let all the earth, in shouts, to God,
Their cheerful voices raise;
2. Sing forth the honor of his name,
And glorious make his praise,
3. Say unto God, "In thy great works,
How terrible art thou?
Thy foes, by thine almighty power,
To thee, are forced to bow."
4. All earth shall worship thee, and sing
The glories of thy name.
5. Come, see the works of God, his deeds
Struck terror where they came.
6. He turned the sea into dry land,
Our gathers passed the flood
Secure on foot; there we began
To triumph in our God.
7. He ever ruleth by his power,
His eyes the nations spy;
Then let not mortal rebels dare,
Themselves to magnify.
8. O all ye people, bless our God;
And loudly shout his praise.
9. 'Tis he who holds our soul in life,
And stablisheth our ways.
10. For thou, O God, hast proved us;
As fire the ore refines.
11. Thou brought'st us into straits; and laid
Affliction on our loins.
12. Thou mad'st men o'er our heads to ride,
With insult, and disgrace:
Thou us, through fire and water, led'st
Safe to a wealthy place.
13. I'll to thy house, with offerings, go;
And thee my vows will pay:
14. Which my lips uttered, and mouth spoke,
When troubles on me lay.
15. I'll offer thee burnt sacrifice,
The very best that are;
The fat of rams, the choicest bulls,
And goats, I will prepare.
16. Come, hear, all ye that fear the Lord;
To you I will make known,
The many wondrous acts of grace,
The Lord, for me hath done.
17. My mouth, to him that rules above,
Poured out it's fervent cry;
He heard; and then my joyful tongue
Extolled his name on high.
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
18. God would not hear; if in my Heart,
I any Sin regard:
19. But, verily, he bow'd his Ear,
And all my Pray'r hath heard.
20. O blessed be the sov'reign Lord,
Who hath not turn'd his Face
From my Request; nor yet with-held.
From me his wondrous Grace.
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #115||Let all the Earth, in Shouts, to God||Let all the Earth, in Shouts, to God||Psalm 66||1752|