1. Let's join, and Hallelujah sing;
Praise ye Jehovah's name;
O all ye servants of the Lord,
His glorious praise proclaim.
2. Who, in the house of God attend,
Or in his courtyards meet;
3. Praise ye the Lord, for it is good.
To praise his name is sweet.
4. Because Jehovah Jacob chose,
His own by special grace;
For his peculiar treasure took,
Israel, and all his race.
5. The Lord is great; our God is high
Above all Gods we own.
6. Who, what he pleased in heaven, and earth,
In seas, and depths, hath done.
7. He makes the Vapors to ascend,
From earth, in clouds combined;
He bringeth lightening, with the rain,
From unknown stores the wind.
8. Egypt's first-born, of man, and beast,
He smote, through all their coast.
9. His dreadful signs and wonders, sent
On Pharaoh and his host.
10. The many nations, mighty kings,
Did, by his power, subdue.
11. He, Sihon, king of the Amorites,
And 0g, of Bashan, slew:
He Canaan's numerous kingdoms smote,
And freed from tyrants hands.
12. An heritage, to Isr'el's tribes,
He gave their fertile lands.
13. Thy name, O Lord, by thy great acts,
Shall be forever known;
And we'll transmit thy name, and praise,
To future ages down.
14. The Lord, his People's cause, will judge.
Who now oppressed mourn;
Will, for his servants sake, repent,
And from his anger turn.
15. The many idol Gods adored.
By all the heathen bands,
Are gold, and silver, shining dust;
The labor of men's hands.
16. Their mouths no power of speech retain,
And sightless are their eyes.
17 Their ears are deaf; no vital breath
Their mouth, or breast, supplies.
18. All those that make such idols vain,
And homage to them pay;
Who put their trust in them for help,
As senseless are as they.
9. O house of Israel, bless the Lord;
O Aaron's, praise his name.
20. The Lord, O house of Levi, bless;
Ye just, his praise proclaim.
21. O let Jehovah blessed be,
From Sion, with accord,
Who dwelleth in Jerusalem,
Sing praises to the Lord.
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #233b||Let's join, and Hallelujah sing||Let's join, and Hallelujah sing||Psalm 135||1752|