Log in to make the most of Hymnary.org collections.
1. Lord of true light, we gratefully adore Thee
For all Thy gifts bestowed upon our race,
For saints of old, who made their vows before Thee,
And told the world the wonders of Thy grace.
2. We praise Thee, Lord, that now the light is falling
Here on Thy servant in this solemn hour;
Confirm in him, his high and holy calling,
Endue him with Thy wisdom, love and power.
3. Be in his mind, the truth of all his teaching,
Give him the faith that welcomes all the light,
Till, from the shadows to Thy presence reaching,
He sees the glory that shall end our night.
4. Be in his heart, the fount of all his loving,
Make him a shepherd, kind to young and old,
Patient and watchful when Thy sheep are roving,
Tending with care the lambs within the fold.
5. Be in his will, his strength for self denial;
Fit him to follow Thee through pain and loss,
Serving the world, until through every trial
He learns at length the triumph of the cross.Source: The Cyber Hymnal #3986