1. Lord, Thy mercy now entreating,
Low before Thy throne we fall;
Our misdeeds to Thee confessing,
On Thy name we humbly call.
2. Sinful thought and words unloving,
Rise against us one by one;
Acts unworthy, deeds unthinking,
Good that we have left undone.
3. Hearts that far from Thee were straying,
While in prayer we bowed the knee;
Lips that, while Thy praises sounding,
Lifted not the soul to Thee.
4. Precious moments idly wasted,
Precious hours in folly spent;
Christian vow and fight unheeded;
Scarce a thought to wisdom lent.
5. Lord, Thy mercy still entreating,
We with shame our sin would own;
From henceforth, the time redeeming,
May we live to Thee alone.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #4056