Powell, Thomas Edward, M.A., son of David Powell, of Loughton, Essex, was born at Hampstead, Middlesex, Aug. 22, 1823, and educated at Oriel College, Oxford (B.A. 1845). Ordained in 1846, he was Curate of Cookham-Dean, near Maidenhead; and then Vicar of Bisham, 1848. He published in 1868, The Holy Feast, and subsequently his Hymns, Anthems, &c, for Public Worship. To this collection he contributed the following hymns:—
1. Again upon the gladdened earth. Harvest.
2. Almighty Fount of love. (1864.) Confirmation.
3. Around Thy throne, 0 God. All Saints.
4. Bow down Thine ear, Almighty Lord. (1864.) Ember Weeks.
5. God of hope and consolation. Holy Scripture.
6. Hallelujah, hallelujah, Raise the hymn of thankful praise.… Go to person page >