1. My voice, O God, in my prayer hear;
Preserve me from the foes I fear.
2. From plots of wicked men me hide;
And safety from their rage provide.
3. Who whet their tongues, like keenest swords,
And cast their darts, e'en bitter words.
4. To wound the just they secret lie,
And, fearless, sudden shafts let fly.
5. They strengthen one another's heart,
To all the false, malicious part;
Their private snares to lay agree,
And vainly cry, "Who shall us see."
6. Unwearied pains, with craft they spend
To drive their wicked plots an end;
Their inward thoughts, which they pursue,
And hearts, lie deeply hid from view,
7. But God his vengeance shall let fly,
And wound them unexpectedly.
8. Upon themselves their tongues shall prey;
And all that see them, flee away.
9. Then all around them, struck with fear,
Shall this the work of God declare;
For they shall wisely understand
The operations of his hand.
10. The righteous then, shall, in the Lord,
Rejoice; and firmly trust his word;
And all, whose hearts are right with God,
Shall gloriously triumph aloud.
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #113||My Voice, O God, in my Pray'r hear||My Voice, O God, in my Pray'r hear||Psalm 64||1752|