1. Not only when ascends the song,
And soundeth sweet the word;
Not only ’midst the Sabbath throng
Our souls would seek the Lord.
2. We mingle with another throng,
And other words we speak;
To other business we belong,
But still our Lord we seek.
3. We would not to our daily task
Without our God repair;
But in the world Thy presence ask,
And seek Thy glory there.
4. Would we against some wrong be bold,
And break some yoke abhorred?
Amidst the strife and stir behold
The seekers of the Lord!
5. When on Thy glorious works we gaze,
There Thee we fain would see;
Our gladness in their beauty raise,
Our God, in joy to Thee!
6. O everywhere, O every day,
Thy grace is still outpoured;
We work, we watch, we strive, we pray;
Behold Thy seekers, Lord!
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #4610
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|The Cyber Hymnal #4610||Not Only When Ascends the Song||Not only when ascends the song||ASCENDING SONG||Thomas H. Gill||CM|