1. O come, let us, in consort, join
In songs to great Jehovah's name.
The praise of our salvation's rock,
With joyful hearts, aloud proclaim.
2. Let us, with thanks, approach his face;
And our loud anthems to him sing.
3. Because Jehovah's a great God;
Above all God's he's a great King.
4. The earth's deep caverns, with the strength
Of lofty hills, are in his hand.
5. His is the ocean, which he made;
His hands have formed the firmer land.
6. Come, let us worship, and bow down;
Our knees to our creator bend.
7. For he's our God, and we the flock,
His pastures feed, and hands defend.
8. Today, if we will hear his voice,
Then harden not your hearts; as they
In time of provocation, did,
On Meribah, and Moffa's day.
9. Your fathers did me tempt, and prove,
While my great works shone in their face.
10. For forty years, I patient bore,
Though wearied, with that stubborn race.
11. "This People err in heart, I said,
My ways they know not, though the best;
Therefore I swore to them, in wrath,
They ne'er should come into my rest."
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #171||O Come, let us, in Consort, join||O Come, let us, in Consort, join||Psalm 95||1752|