1. O God, Thou art our king of old,
Salvation Thou hast wrought;
In safety through the mighty sea
Our fathers Thou hast brought.
2. With mighty arm Thou didst destroy
The pride of boastful man,
And for Thy people made a path
Where mighty waters ran.
3. The day is Thine, and Thine the night,
And Thine the shining sun;
At Thy command earth’s bounds are set
And changing seasons run.
4. Mark how Thine enemies, O Lord,
Against Thee proudly speak;
Preserve Thy saints from wicked men,
Be mindful of the meek.
5. Fulfill, O Lord, Thy covenant,
Our strong Protector be,
For in the earth are dark abodes
Of crime and cruelty.
6. Let not Thy saints be put to shame;
No longer in Thy sight
Permit Thy foes to vaunt themselves;
Lord, vindicate the right.Source: The Cyber Hymnal #4913