1. O God, though countless worlds of light,
Thy power and glory show,
Though round Thy throne, above all height,
Immortal seraphs glow—
2. Yet, Lord, where’er Thy saints apart
Are met for praise and prayer,
Wherever sighs a contrite heart,
Thou, gracious God, art there.
3. With grateful joy, Thy children rear
This temple, Lord, to Thee;
Long may they sing Thy praises here,
And here Thy beauty see.
4. Here, Savior, deign Thy saints to meet;
With peace their hearts to fill;
And here, like Sharon’s odors sweet,
May grace divine distill.
5. Here may Thy truth fresh triumphs win;
Eternal Spirit, here.
In many a heart now dead in sin,
A living temple rear.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #4916
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|The Cyber Hymnal #4916||O God, Though Countless Worlds of Light||O God, though countless worlds of light||DUNDEE||James D. Knowles, 1798-1738||CM||Appeared in the <cite>Baptist Psalmist</cite>, 1843|