1. O God, to me let mercy flow,
For thou delight'st in acts of grace;
Thy many tender mercies show;
And all my trespasses erase.
2. Me thoroughly wash from all my stains;
And from my guilt me purify.
2. I own my fault; my sin remains,
With piercing grief, before mine eye.
4. I've sinned against thee, thee alone,
And done this evil in thy sight;
Thy sentence, Lord, is just, I own,
Thy heaviest judgments would be right.
5. I'm born defiled, in every part;
My mother me conceived in sin.
6. Thou, Lord, desirest truth of heart;
O make me wisdom know within.
7. With sprinkling hyssop purge my soul,
Then shall I pure and spotless grow;
O wash away my stains, most foul,
I then shall whiter be than snow.
8. Let me, with joy, hear thy kind word;
So shall the bones thou'st broken shout.
9. Hide from my sins thy face, O Lord;
And all my many crimes blot out.
10. Create, O God, in me clean heart;
My spirit right, within me, make.
11. Drive me not from thy face apart;
Nor thy good Spirit from me take.
12 Salvation's joy, to me, renew;
With thy free Spirit me sustain.
13. Transgressors then, thy ways, I'll show;
And they shall turn to God again.
14. Deliver me from guilt of blood,
O God, thou my salvation's God;
My joyful tongue shall then sing loud.
And spread thy gracious acts abroad.
15. O Lord, my closed lips inspire;
Then shall my mouth thy praises sing.
16. No sacrifice, though burnt with fire,
Could please; or else I would it bring.
17. A broken spirit, in God's sight,
Is the most pleasing sacrifice;
An heart that's broken, and contrite,
O God, thou never wilt despise.
18. Be Zion's sons with goodness filled,
In thy good pleasure succor them;
Defend thy church, and firmly build
The walls of thy Jerusalem.
19. Then shalt thou, with right sacrifice,
Be pleased, while saints shall rhee invoke;
Then, from burnt offerings, steams shall rise,
And bullocks on thine altars smoke.
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #97||O God, to me let Mercy flow||O God, to me let Mercy flow||Psalm 51||1752|