1. O Jesus, Jesus, dearest Lord!
Forgive me if I say,
For very love, Thy sacred name
A thousand times a day.
O Jesus, Lord, with me abide;
I rest in Thee, whate’er betide;
Thy gracious smile is my reward;
I love, I love Thee, Lord!
2. I love Thee so I know not how
My transports to control;
Thy love is like a burning fire
Within my very soul. [Refrain]
3. Burn, burn, O love, within my heart,
Burn fiercely night and day,
Till all the dross of earthly loves
Is burned, and burned away. [Refrain]
4. O light in darkness, joy in grief,
O heav’n begun on earth;
Jesus, my love, my treasure, who
Can tell what Thou art worth? [Refrain]
5. What limit is there to this love?
Thy flight, where wilt Thou stay?
On, on! our Lord is sweeter far
Today than yesterday. [Refrain]
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #5016