Log in to make the most of Hymnary.org collections.
1. O Maker of the mighty deep
Whereon our vessels fare,
Above our life’s adventure keep
Thy faithful watch and care.
In Thee we trust, whate’er befall;
Thy sea is great, our boats are small.
2. We know not where the secret tides
Will help us or delay,
Nor where the lurking tempest hides,
Nor where the fogs are gray. [Refrain]
3. When outward bound we boldly sail
And leave the friendly shore,
Let not our heart of courage fail
Until the voyage is o’er. [Refrain]
4. When homeward bound we gladly turn,
O bring us safely there,
Where harbor lights of friendship burn
And peace is in the air. [Refrain]
5. Beyond the circle of the sea,
When voyaging is past,
We seek our final port in Thee;
O bring us home at last. [Refrain]Source: The Cyber Hymnal #5189