1. O sinner, remember, though fair be life’s day,
There’s only one step to the tomb;
Thy life like a vapor will soon pass away,
Then cometh eternity’s gloom.
To be lost in the night, in eternity’s night,
To sink in despair and in woe!
But such is thy doom, if you turn from the light,
Enjoying His mercy and love.
2. On the edge of perdition now blindly you tread,
Its fires how fearful they gleam;
Ah, soon you will be with the numberless dead,
Where Jesus can never redeem. [Refrain]
3. Oh, eternity’s darkness! Its gloom doth affright,
No star beams of hope from on high;
No morning shall dawn on the gloom with its light,
There cometh no sweet by and by. [Refrain]
4. Oh, eternity’s darkness now falls on the shore,
The twilight begins to appear;
Soon there will be mercy, sweet mercy no more,
But darkness and death draweth nigh. [Refrain]
5. The Savior is pleading; there’s mercy today,
’Tis Jesus invites you to come;
Oh, flee to His bosom and walk in His way,
’Twill lead to the heavenly home.
6. To be saved from the night, from eternity’s night,
And to walk ’mid the splendors above!
To dwell in His grace and abide in His light,
Enjoying His mercy and love. Source: The Cyber Hymnal #1365