1. Praise God: praise him in's house below:
Praise him ye heavens, his power which show.
2. Praise him for all his mighty deeds;
Praise him whose majesty exceeds.
3. Praise him with trumpet's piercing noise;
Praise him with psalteies, harps soft voice.
4. Praise him with timbrel shrill, and flute;
Praise him with organ, and sweet lute.
5. Praise him with cymbals ringing veins;
Praise him in cymbals loftiest strains.
6. Praise him let every breathing thing;
Praises eternal to him sing.
John Barnard, born in Boston, Nov. 6, 1681; in 1752 made a version of psalms with the music; settled at Marblehead; introduced new music ther; died Jan 14, 1770, aged 89.
A Dictionary of Musical Information by John W. Moore, Boston: Oliver, Ditson & Company, 1876
Go to person page >