Praise ye the Lord; his Servants praise, His sacred name adoreAuthor: John Barnard
Published in 1 hymnal
1. Praise ye the Lord; his servants, praise,
His sacred name adore.
2. Oh! blessed be Jehovah's name,
Both now, and evermore.
3. From the sun's rising, to it's fall,
The Lord's name's to be praised.
4. The Lord all nations rules, above
The heavens his glory's raised,
5. Who's like the Lord, our God, who sits
Enthroned above the sky
6. He condescends, on things in heaven,
And earth, to cast his eye.
7. The poor he raiseth from the dust,
From dunghills needy brings
8. Ranks them with princes, o'er his tribes,
Seats them on thrones of kings.
9. The barren he confines at home,
Her offspring to afford
A joyful mother's tender care.
Sing praises to the Lord.
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
|First Line:||Praise ye the Lord; his Servants praise, His sacred name adore|
|Place of Origin:||Marblehead, Massachusetts|
|Copyright:||This text in in the public domain in the United States because it was published before 1923.|
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #205||Praise ye the Lord; his Servants praise||Praise ye the Lord; his Servants praise||1752|