1. Send forth the Gospel! Let it run
Southward and northward, east and west;
Tell all the earth Christ died and lives,
Who giveth pardon, life and rest.
2. Send forth Thy Gospel, mighty Lord!
Out of this chaos bring to birth
Thine own creation’s promised hope;
The better days of heaven on earth.
3. Send forth Thy Gospel, gracious Lord!
Thine was the blood for sinners shed;
Thy voice still pleads in human hearts;
To Thee Thine other sheep be led.
4. Send forth Thy Gospel, holy Lord!
Kindle in us love’s sacred flame;
Love giving all, and grudging naught
For Jesus’ sake, in Jesus’ name.
5. Send forth Thy Gospel! Tell it out!
Go, brothers, at the Master’s call;
Prepare His way, who comes to reign,
The King of kings, and Lord of all.
|First Line:||Send out the gospel! Let it sound|
|Title:||Send Forth the Gospel!|
|Author:||Henry Elliott Fox|
|Notes:||Alternate tunes: DUKE STREET, John Hatton, 1793; PENTECOST, William Boyd, 1864|