1. That man is blessed, who fears the Lord,
And in his law takes great delight.
2. His seed, on earth, shall mighty be;
Blessed shall the race be of the upright.
3. His house, with plenty, shall abound;
His justice no decays shall find.
4. His light, in darkness, shall arise;
He's just, compassionate, and kind.
5. A good man favor shows, and lends;
And his affairs, with prudence, guides.
6. Surely, he never shall be moved;
Forever sweet his name abides.
7. Fearless, he evil tidings hears;
His heart is fixed, on God relies.
8. Secured from fear, he waits to see,
Just vengeance, on his enemies.
9. His liberal hand dispersed his alms,
And gave the poor a meet supply;
His justice ever shall be praised,
His horn, in glory, raised on high.
10. The wicked this shall see, and grieve,
Gnash with his teeth, and melt away;
While their unjust:, and base designs,
Blasted, shall utterly decay.
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #202b||That Man is bless''d, who fears the Lord||That Man is bless''d, who fears the Lord||Psalm 112||1752|