Loy, M., President of the Capital University, Columbus, Ohio, contributed several original hymns, and translations from the German, to the Evangelical Lutheran Hymnal. Published by Order of the Evangelical Lutheran Joint Synod of Ohio and Other States. Columbus, Ohio, 1880.
The translations may be found through the Index of Authors, &c.; the original hymns are the following:—
1. An awful mystery is here. Holy Communion.
2. At Jesus' feet our infant sweet. Holy Baptism.
3. Come, humble soul, receive the food. Holy Communion.
4. Give me, 0 Lord, a spirit lowly. Humility desired.
5. God gave His word to holy men. Inspiration of Holy Scripture.
6. God of grace, Whose word is sure. Faithfulness.
7. How matchless is… Go to person page >
Display Title: The Law of God Is Good and WiseFirst Line: The Law of God is good and wiseTune Title: ERHALT UNS, HERRAuthor: M. Loy, 1828-1915Meter: L MDate: 1996Subject: Law and Gospel | ; Trinity 18 |
Display Title: The Law of God Is Good and WiseFirst Line: The Law of God is good and wiseTune Title: ERHALT UNS, HERRAuthor: Matthias Loy, 1828-1915, alt.Meter: L MScripture: Psalm 19:7-8; Galatians 3:10-11; Galatians 2:15-16; Romans 5:6-11Date: 2006Subject: The Word of God | ; Christian Home and Education |
Display Title: The Law of God is Good and WiseFirst Line: The law of God is good and wiseTune Title: ERHALT UNS, HERRAuthor: Matthias LoyMeter: L.M.Scripture: Psalm 19:8Date: 1990Subject: Good Works | ; God's Word | The Law of God; Christ | Refuge; Faith | Justification by; Salvation by Grace | ; Sin | Conviction of