1. The Lord attend to thy request,
And hear thee when thou art distressed;
The name of Jacob's God defend,
And be to thee a constant friend.
2. Thee help, and succor, with his grace,
From his most holy dwelling place;
Thee strengthen, and support thy throne,
From Zion, seat of his renown.
3. Thy freewill offerings bear in mind;
And to thy sacrifice be kind.
4. Crown thy heart's wishes with success;
And all thy wholesome counsels bless.
5. In thy salvation we'll rejoice;
Our banners, with triumphant voice,
In our God's name, we'll high erect;
The Lord all thy desires respect.
6. Now know I, that the God we serve,
Will his anointed safe preserve;
From heaven he'll hear, and help command,
With saving strength of his right hand.
7. Some trust in chariots, fetched from far,
And some in horses, trained for war;
But we our God will call to mind,
In whom alone we safety find.
8. They broke, dispersed, are forced to yield;
While we, in triumph, keep the field.
9. Save, Lord, and let our heavenly king
Hear, when we call, or praises sing.
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #30||The Lord attend to thy Request||The Lord attend to thy Request||Psalm 20||1752|