Log in to make the most of Hymnary.org collections.
1. The Son of Man from Jordan rose,
And prayed to God above;
When lo, the opening heav’ns disclose
A swift descending dove.
2. The Spirit, lighting on His brow,
Anoints the Holy One;
The Father’s voice declaring, "Thou
Art My belovèd Son."
3. So when, through His baptizing blessed
The Font new birth conveys,
Man kneels a son of God confessed,
Heav’n opens as he prays.
4. Fair innocency, like the dove’s,
Invests him, purged from sin;
For God the brooding Spirit moves,
Directs and rules within.
5. O Christ, whose mercy cleansed our stain
With streams of grace divine,
Let us not soil the robes again
Made white in blood of Thine.
6. Redeemer of a world undone,
We praise Thee and adore,
Jesu, with God the Father One,
And Spirit evermore.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #6225