Was it enough, that God should dieAuthor: Neil Barham (2010)
Tune: MARTYRDOM (Wilson)
Published in 1 hymnal
Printable scores: PDF, MusicXMLAudio files: MIDI
1. Was it enough, that God should die
To take away my sin?
Enough to close the door of Hell,
And stop my falling in?
2. Enough, that I be righteous found,
Before His perfect view?
Enough, that Christ’s own deeds be mine?
Despite all I could do?
3. Enough that all my soul and mind
Transformed within should be?
Enough, my sin should be subdued,
And God should live in me?
4. No! Not enough! More would He do!
How deep His mercy runs:
That I, a treas’nous wretch, should be
Adopted as His son!
5. To wear His name, to feel His kiss,
To lie in that embrace,
What grand, mysterious gentleness
Shines in my Father’s face!
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #7121