1. We praise Thee, Lord for hours of bliss,
For days of quiet rest;
But O how seldom do we feel
That pain and tears are best!
2. We praise Thee for the shining sun,
For kind and gladsome ways:
When shall we learn, O Lord, to sing
Through weary nights and days!
3. Teach Thou our weak and wandering hearts
Aright to read Thy way;
That Thou with loving hand dost trace
Our path from day to day.
4. Then sorrow’s face shall be unveiled,
And we at last shall see
Her eyes are eyes of tenderness;
Her speech but echoes Thee!
5. Then every thorny crown of care
Worn well in patience now,
Shall prove a glorious diadem
Upon the faithful brow.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #7644
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|The Cyber Hymnal #7644||We Praise Thee, Lord, for Hours of Bliss||We praise Thee, Lord for hours of bliss||ST. JOHN'S, WESTMINSTER||John P. Hopps||CM||Bayne's <cite>English Lyrics</cite>, 1865, number 57|