In some hymnals, the editors noted that a hymn's author is unknown to them, and so this artificial "person" entry is used to reflect that fact. Obviously, the hymns attributed to "Author Unknown" "Unknown" or "Anonymous" could have been written by many people over a span of many centuries. Go to person page >
Translator: Matthias Loy
Loy, M., President of the Capital University, Columbus, Ohio, contributed several original hymns, and translations from the German, to the Evangelical Lutheran Hymnal. Published by Order of the Evangelical Lutheran Joint Synod of Ohio and Other States. Columbus, Ohio, 1880.
The translations may be found through the Index of Authors, &c.; the original hymns are the following:—
1. An awful mystery is here. Holy Communion.
2. At Jesus' feet our infant sweet. Holy Baptism.
3. Come, humble soul, receive the food. Holy Communion.
4. Give me, 0 Lord, a spirit lowly. Humility desired.
5. God gave His word to holy men. Inspiration of Holy Scripture.
6. God of grace, Whose word is sure. Faithfulness.
7. How matchless is… Go to person page >
Display Title: We Thank Thee, Jesus, Dearest FriendFirst Line: We thank Thee, Jesus, dearest FriendTune Title: ERSCHIENEN IST DER HERRLICH TAGAuthor: M. Loy, 1828-1915; UnknownMeter: L M with AlleluiaDate: 1996Subject: Exaltation of Christ |