8. Whilst shepherds, in the open field,
Watched o'er their flocks, by night;
9. God's angel shone in glory round,
And all their minds affright:
10. But the kind angel to them said.
Let naught disturb your mind;
Good news I bring you, which shall be
Great joy to all mankind.
11. For unto you, in David's town,
(As sacred rolls record,)
This very day a Savior's born,
The promised Christ, the Lord.
12. And this shall be your certain sign;
You'll find (the Seraph said,)
The babe enwrapped in swaddling cloths,
And in a manger laid.
13. Then strait, there with the angel joined,
A numerous shining throng
Of heavenly spirits, praising God;
And thus unite their song.
14. Glory to God, who dwells on high,
By angels round his throne;
Blessed peace hath visited the earth
Goodwill to man is shown.
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #274||Whilst Shepherds, in the open Field||Whilst Shepherds, in the open Field||Luke 8:14||1752|