1. With my whole heart, my sacrifice
Of praise, to thee, I'll bring;
And openly, before the gods,
Thy praise, my God, I'll sing.
2. Towards thy holy house I'll bow,
Thy grace, and truth, proclaim;
For over all, thou by thy word,
Hast magnified thy name.
3. God, in the day I made my cry,
A speedy answer gave;
Did strength increase through all my soul,
And from my tears me save.
4. Lord, thee, all kings on earth, shall praise;
When they shall hear thy word.
5. They, in Jehovah's ways, shall sing;
For great's thy glory, Lord.
6. For though the Lord's enthroned on high,
The humble he respects;
But he far off beholds the proud,
And with disdain rejects.
7. Though circled with distress, I walk,
Thee quickening me I have
Thou'lt stretch thy hand on my foe's wrath
Thy right hand will me save.
8. What mercy has for me begun,
The Lord will perfect make;
Thy mercy fails not, Lord; the work
Of thy hands ne'er forsake.
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #237||With my whole Heart, my Sacrifice||With my whole Heart, my Sacrifice||Psalm 138||1752|