1. With unmoved patience, for the Lord
I waited hopefully;
He bowed to me a gracious ear,
And heard my humble cry.
2. He brought me from the roaring pit
Where plunged in mire, I lay;
He set my feet upon a rock,
And firm he made my way.
3. With a new song he filled my mouth;
Praise to our God most high.
Many shall see, and learn to fear,
And on the Lord rely.
4. That man is blest, who on the Lord,
With confidence, relies;
Who disregards the proud, and such
As turn aside to lies.
5. O Lord, my God, thy wondrous works
Which thou hast wrought of old,
And thoughts of kindness towards us,
Are more than can be told.
6. Rich sacrifice and offering
Thou didst no more desire;
Nor burnt, nor sin offering, but strict
Obedience did require.
7. Then said I, "Lo, I come, of me
Thy sacred rolls declare;
8. My God, thy will is my delight,
Thy laws in my heart are.
9. I, in the congregation great,
Have preached righteousness;
Lo, Lord, thou know'st, I've not refrained
From publishing thy grace.
10. "I have not hid within my heart
Nor from the world concealed,
Thy faithfulness, and saving health:
But grace, and truth revealed."
11. Those tender mercies I proclaim
Withhold not, Lord, from me;
But let thy kindness and thy truth
My constant keepers be.
12. Numberless evils me surround,
My sins have seized me fast;
They blind me, they exceed my hairs
Therefore my heart's laid waste.
13. Be pleased, O Lord, in this distress
To come, and set me free;
O gracious God, make no delays,
But haste to succor me.
14. Shame and confusion be their lot
Who at my ruin aim;
May they who wish and seek my hurt,
Be driven back with shame.
15. With desolation them reward
Who shamefully me treat;
That sport themselves, and triumph make,
At mine afflicted state.
16. Let all that seek thy face rejoice,
In thee be satisfied;
Who thy salvation love, still say,
"The Lord be magnified."
17. Though I am poor, distressed, the Lord
Yet thinks on me alway:
For thou my help, and Savior art,
My God, make no delay.
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #72||With unmov'd Patience, for the Lord||With unmov'd Patience, for the Lord||Psalm 40||1752|