God, Who Created Hearts to Love
- First Line
- God, who created hearts to love
- M. D. Ridge
- Tune Name
- LASST UNS ERFREUEN
- Tune Source
- <i>Auserlesen Catholische Geistliche Kirchengesänge</i>, Cologne, 1623
- Family and Relationships · Jesus Christ: Miracles · Occasional Services: Marriage · Elements of Worship: Thanksgiving after the Supper
- Text Copyright
- © 1992 M. D. Ridge, admin. OCP Publications
- Tune Copyright
- Public Domain
- Reprint/Projection Information
Further Reflections on Scripture References
The wedding at Cana is found in John 2:1-11.
The mystery found in st.4 is referenced in Genesis 2:21-25.
Confessions and Statements of Faith References
Further Reflections on Confessions and Statements of Faith References
This song focuses on the home, family, and marriage, a topic with helpful references in the confessions. Our World Belongs to God, paragraph 46, testifies to the implications of living as “the family of God.”
Our Song of Hope, stanza 13 calls God’s children to be “stewards of marriage with its lifelong commitment to love...”
You can view this hymn by purchasing it in our Lift Up Your Hearts mobile app.
Due to copyright restrictions,
we cannot display this hymn on our website or provide printable copies of it.