1. Almighty Father of mankind,
On Thee our hopes remain;
And when the day of trouble comes
I shall not trust in vain.
2. In early years Thou wast my guide,
And of my youth the friend;
And as my days began with Thee,
With Thee my days shall end.
3. I know the power in whom I trust,
The arm on which I lean;
He will my Savior ever be
Who has my Savior been.
4. My God, who causedst me to hope
When life began to beat,
And, when a stranger in the world,
Didst guide my wandering feet.
5. Thou wilt not cast me off when age
And evil days descend;
Thou wilt not leave me in despair
To mourn my latter end.
6. Therefore in life I’ll trust in Thee,
In death I will adore;
And after death will sing Thy praise
When time shall be no more.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #42
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|The Cyber Hymnal #42||Almighty Father of Mankind||Almighty Father of mankind||ST. PETER (Reinagle)||Michael Bruce, 1746-1767||CM|