1. "Come up hither!" come away!
Thus the ransom'd spirits sing;
Here is cloudless, endless day,
Here is everlasting spring.
*"Come up hither," O, come away,
"Come up hither," the angels say;
"Come up hither," O come and see!
Heav'nly glories, how bright they be.
2. "Come up hither!" come and see
Heaven's glories yet untold;
Brighter than the sun they be,
Richer than the purest gold.
3. "Come up hither!" come and dwell
With the living hosts above;
Come, and let your bosoms swell
With the burning songs of love.
4. "Come up hither!" come and share
In the sacred joys that rise"
Like an ocean everywhere,
Through the myriads of the skies.
5. "Come up hither!" come and shine
In the robes of spotless white;
Palms, and harps, and crowns are thine,
Hither! hither wing your flight.
6. "Come up hither!" hither speed!
Rest is found in heav'n alone;
Here is all the wealth you need,
Come, and make that wealth your own.
Grove Songs #2, 1873