1. Granted is the Savior’s prayer,
Sent the gracious Comforter;
Promise of our parting Lord,
Jesus now to Heaven restored.
2. Christ, who now gone up on high,
Captive leads captivity;
While His foes from Him receive
Grace, that God with man may live.
3. God, the everlasting God,
Makes with mortals His abode;
Whom the heavens cannot contain,
He vouchsafes to dwell in man.
4. Never will He thence depart,
Inmate of a humble heart,
Carrying on His work within,
Striving till He casts out sin.
5. There He helps our feeble moans,
Deepens our imperfect groans,
Intercedes in silence there,
Sighs the unutterable prayer.
6. Come, divine and peaceful Guest,
Enter our devoted breast;
Life divine in us renew,
Thou the Gift, the Giver, too!
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #2015