Log in to make the most of Hymnary.org collections.
1. Hear the wail across the sea
Comes from millions unto thee—
Weary ones who might be free
Did they but know of Calvary.
Wailing, wailing o’er the sea;
Wailing, wailing unto thee;
Wailing, wailing to be free;
Go, tell them all of Calvary.
2. Hear the wail of broken hearts
Rise from slavery’s cruel marts!
There’s a balm for bitter smarts—
The balm that’s found at Calvary. [Refrain]
3. Wailing of the prophet cursed,
Of fanatics, wildest, worst,
Help us, Lord, their chains to burst,
And set them free by Calvary. [Refrain]
4. Hear the wail from priest-crushed lands,
Man’s device for God’s commands—
Forms at countless as the sands
Have blocked the way to Calvary. Refrain]
5. Wailings reach this favored shore,
Wailings ceasing nevermore;
Men are dying evermore;
Go, tell them all of Calvary. [Refrain]