Cushing, William Orcutt , born at Hingham, Massachusetts, Dec. 31, 1823, is the author of the following hymns which appear in I. D. Sankey's Sacred Songs and Solos:—
1. Beautiful valley of Eden. Heaven.
2. Down in the valley with my Saviour I would go. Trusting to Jesus.
3. Fair is the morning land. Heaven.
4. I am resting so sweetly in Jesus now. Rest and Peace in Jesus.
5. I have heard of a land far away. Heaven.
6. O safe to the Rock that is higher than I. The Rock of Ages.
1. Ring the bells of heaven, there is joy today. Heavenly Joy over repenting Sinners.
8. We are watching, we are waiting. Second Advent anticipated.
Mr. Cushing has also several additional hymns in some American Sunday School collections… Go to person page >
Display Title: No Room In HeavenFirst Line: How sad it would be, if when thou didst callTune Title: [How sad it would be, if when thou didst call]Author: William Orcutt CushingSource: Gates of Praiseby Isaiah Baltzell and Edmund S. Lorenz (Dayton: W. J. Shuey, 1880)