1. I love the Lord, who heard the voice
Of my requests for grace.
2. Because he bowed to me his ear,
I'll pray, through all my days.
3. Sorrows intense, like bands of death,
Encompassed me around;
The grave's strong terrors seized on me,
Distress, and grief, I found.
4. Then on Jehovah's name I called.
In this most fervent speech;
"Deliver thou my soul, O Lord,
I humbly thee beseech."
5. The Lord is kind, and just from him,
Our God, all mercies flow.
6. He keeps the harmless; he me helped.
When I was very low.
7. Return, my soul, unto thy rest,
The Lord dealt well with thee.
8. For thou hast from the snares of death,
My trembling soul set free;
My feet from falls, thou hast preserved,
And wiped mine eyes from tears.
9. I'll walk before Jehovah's face,
Through all my coming years.
10. I did believe, and therefore spake;
Though I was greatly grieved.
11. And, in my consternation, said,
I am by all deceived.
12. What shall I render to the Lord,
Whence all my mercies came?
13. Salvation's cup I'll take, and call
Upon Jehovah's name.
14. My vows to God, before his saints,
I'll pay with great delight.
15. The death of all his holy ones.
Is precious in his sight.
16. I am thy servant, Lord, I'm thine.
Devoted to thy use;
Thine humble handmaid's son, my bonds
Thou kindly didst unloose.
17. Offerings of praise I'll sing to thee,
And on the Lord's name call.
18. My vows I'll pay Jehovah, now,
Before his people all.
19. Within his sacred courts, where they
Their grateful voices raise;
In midst of thee, Jerusalem,
Let all Jehovah praise.
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #208||I Love the Lord, who heard the Voice||I Love the Lord, who heard the Voice||Psalm 116||1752|