1. I say to all men far and near
That He is risen again;
That He is with us now and here,
And ever shall remain.
2. And what I say, let each this morn,
Go tell it to his friend,
That soon in every place shall dawn
His kingdom without end.
3. The fears of death and of the grave
Are whelmed beneath the sea;
And every heart now light and brave
May face the things to be.
4. The way of darkness that He trod
To heaven at last shall come,
And he who hearkens to His Word
Shall reach His Father’s home.
5. Now let the mourner grieve no more
Though his belovèd sleep:
A happier meeting shall restore
Their light to eyes that weep.
6. He lives! His presence hath not ceased,
Though foes and fears be rife;
And thus we hail in Easter’s feast
A world renewed to life!
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #3044
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|The Cyber Hymnal #3044||I Say to All Men Far and Near||I say to all men far and near||FAR AND NEAR (Spazier)||Friedrich von Hardenberg; Catherine Winkworth||CM||<cite>Lyra Germanica</cite>, 1858|