1 I’m resting securely in Jesus now!
I sail the wide seas no more;
The tempests may sweep o’er the wild stormy deep—
I am safe where the storms come no more.
I’ve anchored my soul in the haven of rest,
I sail the wild seas no more, no more;
The tempests may sweep o’er the wild, stormy deep,
But in Jesus I’m safe evermore, evermore,
But in Jesus I’m safe evermore.
2 O long on the ocean my bark was tossed,
Where tempests and storms ne’er cease;
My heart was in fear, and no refuge was near,
Till in Jesus my soul found its peace. [Refrain]
3 How sweet in the haven of rest to abide!
Secure from all doubt and fear,—
The billows may roll, but there’s rest for the soul
When the voice of my Saviour I hear. [Refrain]
Cushing, William Orcutt , born at Hingham, Massachusetts, Dec. 31, 1823, is the author of the following hymns which appear in I. D. Sankey's Sacred Songs and Solos:—
1. Beautiful valley of Eden. Heaven.
2. Down in the valley with my Saviour I would go. Trusting to Jesus.
3. Fair is the morning land. Heaven.
4. I am resting so sweetly in Jesus now. Rest and Peace in Jesus.
5. I have heard of a land far away. Heaven.
6. O safe to the Rock that is higher than I. The Rock of Ages.
1. Ring the bells of heaven, there is joy today. Heavenly Joy over repenting Sinners.
8. We are watching, we are waiting. Second Advent anticipated.
Mr. Cushing has also several additional hymns in some American Sunday School collections… Go to person page >