1. In my distress, to God, I cried,
And he redressed my wrongs.
2. Save, Lord, my soul from lying lips,
And from deceitful tongues.
3. What shall a false tongue give to thee?
What benefits confer?
4. What? but sharp arrows of the strong,
And coals of juniper.
5. Woe's me! I am a sojourner,
In Meshech's barren plain;
And yet, among the lawless tents
Of Kedar, I remain.
6. Long time, my soul has dwelt with them,
That charms of peace abhor.
7. I am for peace; but when, I speak.
They all declare for war.