Hankinson, Thomas Edwards, M.A., who was educated at Corpus Christi College, Cambridge, where he won the Seatonian prize several times, was b. in 1804, and d. Oct. 6, 1843. In 1827 he published a volume of Sacred Poems. These were republished in an enlarged form by his brothers as a Memorial volume in 1844 (5th edition 1860). The 1844 edition included the following hymns which have come into common use:—
1. Come, see the place where Jesus lies. Easter Eve.
2. Let Thy Spirit, Lord, descending. For Sunday Schools. Written May 8, 1843.
3. Mighty God, may we address Thee? 1841. For Sunday Schools.
4. Our Father, if indeed Thou art. Holy Trinity.
5. We are a young and happy crew. 1840. Dialogue hymn for Sunday Schools.… Go to person page >