46. My soul, to magnify the Lord,
Unites her powers, and voice.
47. In God, my Savior, whom I trust,
My spirit shall rejoice.
48. For to his humble handmaid, he
Hath graciously expressed
Himself: and lo, all ages shall
From hence forth call me blessed.
49. The Great, for me, great things hath done,
And holy is his name.
50. To them that fear him, mercy flows,
From race to race, the same.
51. Almighty strength he clearly showed,
By what his arm hath wrought;
The proud he scattered, and their vain
Designs to nothing brought.
52. He drew the mighty from their seats;
And raised up the low.
53. With good the hungry filled; the rich
In want were forced to go:
54. His servant Israel helped, as he,
In mercy, had decreed;
55. And to our fathers promise made,
To Abraham, and his seed.
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #273a||The Song of Mary||My Soul, to magnify the Lord||Luke 1:46-55||1752|