1. O God, whose smile is in the sky,
Whose path is in the sea,
Once more from earth’s tumultuous strife
We gladly turn to Thee.
2. Now all the myriad sounds of earth
In solemn stillness die;
While wind and wave unite to chant
Their anthem to the sky.
3. We come as those with toil far spent
Who crave Thy rest and peace,
And from the care and fret of life
Would find in Thee release.
4. O Father, soothe all troubled thought,
Dispel all idle fear,
Purge Thou each heart of secret sin,
And banish ev’ry care.
5. Until, as shine upon the sea
The silent stars above,
There shines upon our trusting souls
The light of Thine own love.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #4939
|First Line:||O God, whose smile is in the sky|
|Author:||John Haynes Holmes|