1. O light of life, O Saviour dear,
Before we sleep bow down Thine ear:
Through dark and day, o'er land and sea,
We have no other hope but Thee.
2. Oft from Thy royal road we part,
Lost in the mazes of the heart:
Our lamps put out, our course forgot,
We seek for God, and find Him not.
3. What sudden sunbeams cheer our sight!
What dawning risen upon the night!
Thou giv'st Thyself to us, and we
Find guide and path and all in Thee.
4. Through day and darkness, Saviour dear,
Abide with us, more nearly near;
Till on Thy face we lift our eyes,
The Sun of God's own Paradise.
5. Praise God, our Maker and our Friend;
Praise Him through time, till time shall end;
Till psalm and song His Name adore
Through heaven's great day of evermore.
The Hymnal: Published by the authority of the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A., 1895