Cushing, William Orcutt , born at Hingham, Massachusetts, Dec. 31, 1823, is the author of the following hymns which appear in I. D. Sankey's Sacred Songs and Solos:—
1. Beautiful valley of Eden. Heaven.
2. Down in the valley with my Saviour I would go. Trusting to Jesus.
3. Fair is the morning land. Heaven.
4. I am resting so sweetly in Jesus now. Rest and Peace in Jesus.
5. I have heard of a land far away. Heaven.
6. O safe to the Rock that is higher than I. The Rock of Ages.
1. Ring the bells of heaven, there is joy today. Heavenly Joy over repenting Sinners.
8. We are watching, we are waiting. Second Advent anticipated.
Mr. Cushing has also several additional hymns in some American Sunday School collections… Go to person page >
Display Title: No Hope in JesusFirst Line: Oh, to have no Christ, no SaviourTune Title: [Oh, to have no Christ, no Saviour]Author: W. O. CushingScripture: Ephesians 2:12Date: 2017Subject: Evangelistic Appeal |
Display Title: No Hope in JesusFirst Line: Oh, to have no Christ, no SaviorTune Title: [Oh, to have no Christ, no Savior]Author: William Orcutt CushingSource: Welcome Tidings: A New Collection of Sacred Songs for the Sunday School, by Robert Lowry, W. Howard Doane & Ira D. Sankey (New York: Biglow & Main, 1877), number 37