Cronenwett, Emmanuel, a Lutheran Pastor at Butler, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., contributed to the Evangelical Lutheran Hymnal, Published by Order of the Evangelical Lutheran Joint Synod of Ohio and other States, 1880, in addition to 20 translations from the German, the following original hymns, some of which rank with the best in the collection:—
1. A holy state is wedded life. Domestic Worship.
2. Faith is wisdom from on high. Faith.
3. Heavenly Father, Jesus taught us. Prayer.
4. Lord, Thine omniscience I adore. Omniscience.
5. O Triune God, Thy blessing great. Domestic Worship.
6. Of omniscient grace I sing. Omniscience.
7. Of Zion's honour angels sing. Ordination.
8. The precepts of the word are pure.… Go to person page >
Also known as:
MELCOMBE was first used as an anonymous chant tune (with figured bass) in the Roman Catholic Mass and was published in 1782 in An Essay on the Church Plain Chant. It was first ascribed to Samuel Webbe (the elder; b. London, England, 1740; d. Lo…
Display Title: Of omnipresent Grace i singFirst Line: Of omnipresent Grace i singTune Title: NAZARETH (Melcombe)Author: Rev. Emanuel Cronenwett, D. D.Meter: L. M. No. 1Date: 1908Subject: The Catechism | Works and Attributes of God; Second Sunday after Easter |