It's Hymnary's 10th birthday this month and to celebrate,
we're giving the gifts! Want a free FlexScore? Look for the
"Claim Free FlexScore" button on any public domain
FlexScore page and enjoy a complimentary FlexScore on us.
Log in to make the most of Hymnary.org collections.
1. Our Lord the path of suff’ring trod
And since His blood for man hath flowed,
’Tis meet that man should yield to God
The life he owed.
2. No shame to own the Crucified—
Nay, ’tis our immortality
That we confess our God who died,
And for Him die.
3. Filled with this thought, with patient smile
All threats the martyr doth withstand,
Fights, Lord, Thy cause, and leans the while
Upon Thine hand.
4. Beholding his predestined crown,
Into death’s arms he willing goes;
Dying, he conquers death; o’erthrown,
O’erthrows his foes.
5. Lord, make us Thine own soldiers true
Grant us brave faith, a spirit pure
That for Thy name, Thy cross in view,
We may endure.
6. Eternal Father of the Word,
Eternal Word, we Thee adore,
Eternal Spirit, God and Lord,
Alleluia, Alleluia.Source: The Cyber Hymnal #5150